Our organization provides educational scholarships and student encouragement because we believe education is a life-long gift.
Our focus is on:
- Children from outlying areas and ranches who live in the Mulegé boarding facility and attend public school Monday – Friday.
- High school students who live in rural communities and must travel to Mulegé for classes.
- Local students who are overlooked by other Mulegé scholarship programs.
Our funding provides:
- Student Scholarships for high school and college.
- Support for underfunded boarding facility programs.
- Backpacks with reconditioned Samsung Chromebook.
Just for fun:
- Members have provided an annual Christmas Fiesta for the boarding facility students, which included Santa, small gifts, and a piñata.
In Mexico school is mandatory from grades 1 through 9.
Primeria – elementary school
Secundaria – middle school
CECyT – high school
Tecnologico – technology college
Universidad – university
Children attend school Monday through Friday. Students, age 4-14, who live in outlying areas, or on ranches are eligible to live in the government boarding facility during the school week.
Education beyond the ninth grade is provided at the expense of parents and families. Educational scholarships are available through organizations such as Los Amigos de Los Niños, Inc of Mulegé.